5.2. Guoman and its Partners in the Programme have the right to use Membership information captured and stored in computers in relation to the activities related to marketing and marketing communication. By accepting these Privacy Terms, the Member consents to Guoman processing personal data about the Member and the Member's activities within the Programme for the purposes of administrating the Programme, controlling and implementing reservations and other orders, coordinating activities and special offerings with Partners, and marketing. The Member also thereby consents to the transfer by Guoman of personal data about the Member to a country that is not a Member of the European Union or part of the European Economic Area whether or not they have data protection laws.
5.3. Under the data protection legislation of various countries, Guoman are required to particularly draw your attention to the fact that by applying for Membership or by continuing to exercise the privileges of Membership and in order to make it possible for Guoman to perform its obligations under the Programme, you accept and explicitly authorise that your personal information which is supplied by you in the enrolment form or Membership application on the internet or during the course of your Programme Membership (i) shall be processed Guoman in its capacity of data controller, by its subsidiaries, affiliates or franchisees, including hotels, and by the Programme Member Services Centre and (ii) may be transferred worldwide to any third parties with which Guoman is affiliated within the scope of the Programme (including the Partners) or to third parties to process your personal data on Guoman’s behalf or where required by applicable law or in the event of a company reorganisation, merger or acquisition, for the use of such information for its (their) administration of Membership records, guest service, advertising, marketing and communication purposes. They or Guoman may contact you for marketing purposes by mail, fax, telephone or e-mail as permitted by permissions given in your Membership application and you accept that you do not and will not consider any of the above as being a breach of any of your rights under the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
5.4. Guoman draw your attention to the fact that you have a right to request a copy of the personal data held about you, by sending a written request to the Signature Member Services Centre and paying the appropriate
5.5. If you provide personal information about others (for example ‘Member get Member’ or other such promotions), Guoman will only use that information for the reason it was submitted.
5.6. A cornerstone in Guoman’s strategy is to create long-term customer relationships that are built on care, trust and respect. To ensure its commitment to these principles Guoman, considers customer relationships as a key asset to be guarded and protected like any other asset of the company. Therefore Guoman’s site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under Guoman’s control.
5.7. Guoman’s website may provide links to third party sites. Since Guoman do not control those web sites, Guoman encourage you to review the privacy policies of these third party sites. Guoman are in no way responsible for content on third party sites.
5.8. Cookies enable Guoman to provide you with a better experience by allowing Guoman to understand what areas of the website are of interest to their visitors and Members. These small text-files do not track individual information. If you choose to disable cookies in your browser, you can still access most of Guoman’s website.
5.9. If at any time you wish to terminate your account, you can do by logging into your Signature account at www.thistlesignature.com or www.guomansignature.com and selecting ‘cancel account’ from drop-down list on the ‘contact us’ page. Alternatively by calling Membership Services on +44 (0)85 835 0515.
6. Personal information Guoman collects about you.
6.1. Guoman collect transactional information (such as your name, email address, telephone number, reservation data) as well as information you actively provide to Guoman, for example, when you book a reservation through Guoman’s central reservation service, stay at any Guoman hotel, or when you modify your personal profile.
6.2. Guoman may enter into strategic relationships with companies outside of Guoman who offer products and services that may be of interest to you. If you participate in one of these programs and have given appropriate permissions then our strategic partner may send Guoman personal information about you as part of our strategic relationship.
6.3. Guoman collect personal information about our guests from public sources and from other companies.
7. Use of your personal information
7.1. The purposes for which your personal information may be used are:
a) to provide the information, programmes, products and service you request;
b) to personalise your experience when you stay at a Signature affiliated hotel;
c) to support the functionality and to personalise the layout and content of Guoman web sites to match your needs, interests and preferences;
d) to send you promotional messages and special offers based on your privacy preferences;
e) for security and fraud prevention purposes;
f) to better understand Guoman’s guests; and
g) to improve Guoman’s programmes, services and web sites.
8. Choices you have about the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
8.1. You may choose whether you wish to receive marketing communications from Guoman, and you may change your privacy preferences at any time.
8.2. Your privacy preferences will be set at our basic level, which states as follows:
8.2.1. Yes, I would like to receive promotional messages and special offers from the Signature Programme. You will receive marketing communications and special offers from the Programme and participating properties.
8.2.2. If you no longer wish to receive communications from Guoman, you can unsubscribe via any Guoman email footer.
9. Sharing your information with others.
9.1. Guoman may share your personal information in the following ways:
9.1.2. Guoman share your personal information with strategic partners and/or service providers to provide the information, products and services that you have requested or to personalize your experience.
9.1.3. Guoman share your personal information with companies that perform services on their behalf, such as companies providing programme management, marketing support, data processing and technical infrastructure support.
9.1.6. There are other limited circumstances in which Guoman may share or transfer your personal information to unrelated third parties, including for example, when Guoman believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with a law, regulatory requirement, court order, or a subpoena; to cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental investigations; to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to protect legal rights, property or safety of you, Guoman, its employees, agents, other guests, or the public in general.
10. Protection of your personal information
10.1. Guoman implements appropriate physical, technical and organisational security for the management and transmission of personal data, including appropriate security measures to protect such data from accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, misuse, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access and all other unlawful forms of processing.
11. Access to your personal information
11.1. You may update, delete, or correct your key account information at any time by contacting us. If you have additional questions, please contact Guoman. When contacting Guoman, you may be asked to verify your identity. Guoman will respond to your request within 30 days and, in any event, within the time period established under applicable laws. Guoman may limit or deny your request if Guoman are unable to verify your identity, if it involves the disclosure of confidential or sensitive information or is otherwise permitted under applicable law.
12. Web technologies Guoman use to collect information about you
12.1. When you visit the Programme Website, Guoman may use the following web technologies to collect the following types of information:
• information that is sent to us automatically by your web browser when you access our web sites. This information typically includes the IP address of your Internet service provider and the type of operating system and browser installed on your computer.
• A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer's hard disk by a Web server. Guoman use "session cookies" to assign a randomly-generated unique identification number to your computer each time you visit one of our websites. A session cookie expires after you close your browser. Guoman use session cookies to support the functionality of our Websites - which pages they visit, which links they use, and how long they stay on each page. Guoman may also use "persistent cookies." These cookies do not expire when you close your browser, but stay on your computer until they expire or you delete them. Each time you visit any of our websites, our web server will recognise the cookie on your computer's hard drive. By assigning your computer a persistent, unique identifier, Guoman are able to create a database of your previous choices and preferences. In situations where these choices or preferences need to be collected again, they can be provided by us automatically saving you time and effort. Assigning your computer a persistent, unique identifier also helps us keep a more accurate account of how many people visit our websites, how often they return, how their use of our websites may vary over time, and the effectiveness of our promotional efforts. If you access our websites through an e-mail Guoman have sent you or you've created a "user identity" during one of your visits, the information provided by our or our third party service provider cookies or other tracking technologies may be linked to information in our records that identifies you personally.
13.6. How to contact us with questions or concerns about our privacy practices